The Scarborough Historical Society was founded to preserve the history of the town so that it would be available for the public in presentable form.
Prior to the group's founding there was an increasing pattern of Scarborough's historic heirlooms being sold off to buyers from out of state. Nearly the entire collection maintained by the Society was donated by various individuals of the town.
Selected Scarborough Historical Society & Museum images:
- Fred M. Newcomb Store, Scarborough, ca. 1910
- Black Point Road, Scarborough, ca. 1900
- Clam Diggers at Fishermen's Cove, Scarborough, ca. 1900
- Wackwarreska, Scarborough, ca. 1651
- Wayland House, Scarborough, ca. 1912
- The White School, Scarborough, ca. 1910
- Alger Hall, Scarborough, ca. 1925
- Train at Scarborugh Beach Station, ca. 1900
- Old Homesteads in Scarborough, ca. 1950s
- Scarborough High School Graduation, 1902
- Scarborough High School Graduation Program, June 16, 1893
- County Road and Saco Street, North Scarborough, 1907