In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Scarborough Historical Society & Museum

County Road and Saco Street, North Scarborough, 1907

Contributed by Scarborough Historical Society & Museum
MMN Item 31273 Item Details
County Road and Saco Street, North Scarborough, 1907
MMN Item 31273 Zoom

Description

Looking west along the County Road at the junction of Saco street in 1907. The North Scarborough Free Church is shown on the left at the southwest corner of the intersection. This church was erected in 1871-1872 and dismantled in 1936. The O.E. Sherman store is visible on the right, along the north side of the County Road.

The building in the distance (left of center) and along the south side of the County Road is the home of Harry L. Sherman, brother of the store's owner, Orra E. Sherman. The home of a third brother, William Sherman, can be partially seen through the trees beyond the store. William Sherman was Scarborough's tax collector for many years.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.